Sharing Apple M2 MacBook Pro Internet with VMware Fusion running Windows 11 Pro

I have an Apple M2 MacBook Pro running Sonoma 14.4.1. When it is opened without internet sharing all installed apps connect to the internet properly. I have has VMware Fusion 13.3 Pro installed since November 23, 2023 with Windows 11 Pro installed on it. I connected that to the internet with Apple System/General/Sharing on and IPv4, IPv5 and IPv6 selected, the Sharing Settings show that Wi-Fi is connected, Filters & Proxies set with:AVG Security Enabled, AVGTransparent Proxy Enabled, Firewall Active, Other Services AX88179: Not Connected, Thunderbolt Bridge: Not Connected, iPhone USB: Not Connected. With these settings in Sharing the Microsoft program connected with no difficulty and by clicking on any Apple program the Microsoft program slid off the screen and the Apple program opened and connected to the internet.

After about April 26th the VMware Fusion program stopped connecting to the internet. And with the sharing settings not changed

Apple Mail works. App Store reports canot connect.

Book Store: Home shows Top Picks, Want to Read and Previews with only blank spaces where books should be and “Sorry Something went wrong. Please Try again”. My Books app shows 63 book shadows vs 1143 books showing on my iPhone book store app. Apple Maps opens but shows no maps although it provides coordinates for locations.

When I change Settings/Sharing to not sharing the Apple apps still do not work properly. After shutting down my M2 MacBook Pro and starting it again the Apple Apps worked again.

I tried removing VMware Fusion from the machine and everything on the Apple MacBook Pro works properly. Needing a Windows machine for some consulting activities, I tried to reinstall VMWare Fusion and am unable to install it because it will not connect to the internet. Does anyone have an understanding of what happened and what I might do to correct my problem.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 9, 2024 6:08 PM

There are no replies.

Sharing Apple M2 MacBook Pro Internet with VMware Fusion running Windows 11 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.