Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Cannot Play Songs on Apple Music (Nor Itunes) without a 42 Seconds Gap Between songs

OS: Windows ONLY. Apple iphone, ipad, MACbook are fine.

App: I started with iTunes but then downloaded Apple Music and the problem is the same.

PROBLEM: I press play on a playlist song. At the top of the app, it acts similiar to when you download a song from Apple (I stream all my music not download) but that is how it acts. It will take exactly 42 seconds every time before the song will play. If I try to play it again after that, everything works as it should. So it's phoning home, taking 42 seconds to do something, and then everything is fine again.

THOUGHTS. This reminds me of "back in the day" you had to renew song license every 30 days if you downloaded songs to your PC. This is only a problem on Windows; none of my Apple devices has issues (they never do it's always Windows). My internet connection is fine. I rebooted. I am not playing songs on other devices. Out of the box settings for Apple Music app. There are no windows updates. No fireware or any other configurations were made. I have changed nothing. Why is it phoning home to Apple and taking EXACTLY 42 seconds every time. So over these issues and so much time wasted. Any ideas appreciated.

Posted on May 9, 2024 8:41 PM

2 replies

Cannot Play Songs on Apple Music (Nor Itunes) without a 42 Seconds Gap Between songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.