I received a FaceTime call from my daughter who was sitting next to me. She was not calling. Do I need to be concerned?

So .. me and my daughter were sitting in my living room .. and i get a face time call from here. she is not face timing me. her phone is not showing calling me.. Right.. so i answer and move my computer away to see if anyone will be there. and they hang up...

how can they call me with my daughters info coming up? Is she hacked? am i? or is the face time? what can i do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 10, 2024 9:10 AM

3 replies

May 13, 2024 12:00 PM in response to VailTribe

It is not too unusual for a call to be made without the device owner having actually knowingly made the call. However your daughter’s phone should also show the call within her recent call list. I’ve often wondered how that can happen without a Face ID but I can assure you that it does happen. My daughter has originated such FaceTime calls to me in the past.

I received a FaceTime call from my daughter who was sitting next to me. She was not calling. Do I need to be concerned?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.