ApplePay Doesn't Ship to Shipping Address?! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ugh, this is so annoying! I'm trying to send Mother's Day flowers to four different women, and none of the addresses work. Has anybody seen this familiar false error message?

"Blue Blossoms Doesn't Ship to Your Shipping Address. Select an address that is supported by this website."

I've called the florist and they said, "Yes, we DO ship to all of those addresses."

I'm all in on ApplePay with the Apple Credit Card. I love the way they handle the 2% back on every purchase when you combine them. I love seeing that land in my Apple Savings account on a daily basis. But a fellah shouldn't have to work this hard to spend money on gifts.

ApplePay (using the Apple CC) seems to work well enough when I'm shipping to myself but not to others.

What gives? Does anyone know a workaround?

Pulling my hair out on this one. 🤯

Mick

MacBook Air (M3, 2024)

Posted on May 10, 2024 9:23 AM

7 replies

May 10, 2024 1:16 PM in response to Mick Guinn

Basically, the florists app or website is not configured properly to allow Apple Pay to edit or input a shipping address. Apple Pay shares the address associated with the payment method to allow estimates for taxes and shipping charges to be calculated. After that step, the app or website should allow the editing of the delivery address. This is how FTD and 1-800- florist website and app works.

May 11, 2024 2:06 PM in response to Mick Guinn

Sorry, when I said Etsy, I meant Shopify. That’s what I get for replying, before my first full cup of coffee. The issue is with the implementation of embedding Apple Pay into the Shopify website. Shopify supplies the framework for all the websites to the merchants and the lack of proper coding and embedding the links etc are on Shopify. It’s not a credit card issue (Goldman Sachs), it’s not an Apple Pay issue (iPhone) and not a local florist issue. It rest entirely with Shopify and implanting the features the merchants and their customers wants.

May 10, 2024 10:46 AM in response to Phil0124

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the attempt, but it's not the business saying they don't ship there. They do. These are local addresses, and if I pay using any other method, they will deliver. I'm just stuck on the idea that I'd love to use my Apple CC with ApplePay and get the 2% back.

Meanwhile, I can change the shipping address a jillion times and get the same response. I've done all I know to delete cache and cookies from the (https) site [see screenshot below], turn off all pop-up blockers, and try to think of anything that is causing the false error message. Blue Blossoms is a nice site, too—modern and updated regularly. Check it out if you like.

I loathe using my phone to try and do this stuff, but just in case that was the problem, I tried it and got all the same error messages.

I'm really stumped and annoyed at the same time.

Any further thoughts?

Mick

May 10, 2024 3:45 PM in response to Jeff Donald

You're not too far off.

I just learned (from the owner) that the site is built on Shopify, and the default setting is not to allow local shipping addresses! 🤷🏻‍♂️ When I selected "pickup" over "delivery," everything worked perfectly. Shopify seems to be sneakily designing their payment system so people really get locked into it. Not only do other forms of payment disappear, but they literally won't work!

And people accuse Apple of being anti-competitive?...

She said their IT person would get back to me once they find a work around or a way to change those settings, but WOW, right?

May 11, 2024 11:04 AM in response to Mick Guinn

Well, this is not Etsy, just a wonderful local florist. Unfortunately, I was not truly ever able to get anything "resolved," as it were. However, the local florist provided a workaround that eventually did the trick. I'm just bummed I spent the entire morning trying to troubleshoot this Shopify glitch or "feature." As I mentioned above, I had to completely abandon the local delivery option and when I selected "pickup," ApplePay worked as designed.

But then I had to separately send all of the addresses and phone numbers to the florist, along with specialized delivery options and personalized cards and wishes for each SuperMom. This was a very time-consuming workaround, so I really do hope that someone can find out what websites built on Shopify have to do to fix this bizarre local delivery default that seems designed specifically to benefit only Shopify and not the business owner or customer.

What's even more fascinating is that I found a screenshot from a few months back where I had the exact same issue with a different local florist! I can't believe I'd forgotten that. I'm going to get back to them now and let them know they also need to contact their IT/Web person and see what they can do as they're losing money.

Thinking it was probably with my Apple CC or ApplePay, I even went to Apple/Goldman Sachs to see if they could sort this out. They were pretty useless. Kind of a shame that they hadn't heard about the Shopify issue, but perhaps they will eventually.

The thing is that as much as I'm enjoying my Apple CC, there are more glitches with it than I've had with any other card. Actually more than all 5 or 6 of my cards combined.

My dentist accepts ApplePay. I had a large bill there for $1000, but every time I tried ApplePay with my Apple CC (on two different terminals), the message was something like "Card Declined." Knowing that if I were able to use it to pay a large bill, I would get $20 back in Apple Cash, I paused. I called the Apple/Goldman CC number and sat on the phone with them for 10 minutes. The rep said he could not even see any declines on the card and that my credit was excellent and it should have gone through.

After I got off the phone with them, I quit the app, rebooted my phone and watch, and tried again, getting exactly the same results. I finally gave up and tried ApplePay––selecting my Costco Citibank Visa card––and it worked right away. At this point, one of the other women at the front desk (who had been otherwise occupied) said, "Oh yeah, there are some cards it just won't take over ApplePay and we don't know why."

So I sense that there are still unseen issues that make using the Apple CC with ApplePay problematic.

I hope this thread can help others who are hitting the same wall I did and maybe someone with Shopify experience could chime in about how to enable ApplePay to work when you need a local delivery.

Geez, right? 🤷🏻‍♂️

ApplePay Doesn't Ship to Shipping Address?! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.