Attaching an Emitter to Match Move

Hi,

I'm constantly failing to attach an Emitter to a Motion Tracker as a background.

Here's what I did:

1. I created a tracker on my video using "Analyze Motion".
  2. I created a group containing a 3D object, added the "Match Move" behaviour, reviewed it and it works just fine.
  3. Then I added the default Plazma Orb from the Library to the timeline which created a new group.
  4. I added the "Match Move" behaviour to the Plazma Orb Group and selected the analyzed motion.

Now the 3D object is following the motion track perfectly. The Orb, which should nicely sit behind it, just doesn't. It sometimes jumps away from the track or does other funny things.

I just can't figure it out. All I want to achieve is a moving circle shaped foggy background that sits behind my 3D object and moves with it in a centered way.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks, Alex

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.4

Posted on May 10, 2024 9:36 AM

2 replies

May 10, 2024 1:50 PM in response to alseb

Any time you animate the position of an emitter, it leaves the objects it gives "birth" to at that location, so bits and pieces of the Plazma Orb are getting left at where the emitter was at those particular times in the tracking move.

You said that the Plazma Orb was in its own group — select that group and make a Clone (type the 'K' key). [Turn off the visibility of the Plazma Orb group.] Use the clone as part of the Match Move. You will probably have to position the Clone at the beginning of the Match Move object manually, but it should still work. Here's an example:

Attaching an Emitter to Match Move

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.