Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

M1 Mac Air not charging except on Original Charger.

I have an M1 Mac Air with chargers in different locations that I have been using with no problems. Today when I plug in my machine says 'battery not charging' on two of the chargers, however it does charge properly on the original Apple charger. I did restart the machine and one of the non-Apple charges started working but no longer. Battery health states "normal" and capacity is at 84%.

Please advise

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 11, 2024 8:59 AM

8 replies

May 14, 2024 10:09 AM in response to Sweejak

So this too is odd. I'm on the Anker charger and I have 2 different messages about charging. From System Settings it says the battery is charging.

From the menu drop down it says it is not charging.

I'm also seeing the battery slowly dropping from 100% to now 97% as if the machine is running off the battery rather than the attached cable from the charger.

I have an Apple Charger on order, maybe that will fix it.

May 11, 2024 8:14 PM in response to Sweejak

By any chance, did you use different USB-C cables between the chargers and the Mac than you normally do?

USB-C cables are not all the same. All USB-C cables are supposed to support up to 3A of traditional 5V USB power (up to 15W total), but cables that support Power Delivery are supposed to have embedded chips to tell the attached devices (i.e., charger; MacBook Air) that they can safely carry additional power.

May 15, 2024 10:33 AM in response to Sweejak

The New Apple Charger has arrived. When I plug it in the computer makes the cable connection sound repeatedly, as If I were plugging it in and out. Shut down and restarted no change

Well I'm out of ideas.

However, and I don't know why I didn't try this earlier, I took the cable from the working charger brought it down to the new Apple charger and it works . It does not work with the Anker charger.

I'm looking at getting a new cable a 100W C to C . Does this look like a good choice?

https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Awnuwuy-Charging-Samsung-MacBook/dp/B08SMLLDBP/ref=sr_1_2?

M1 Mac Air not charging except on Original Charger.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.