Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Crazy keyboard and mouse

Hello there,

it's almost a week I'm dealing with issue and cannot find any solution. I'm on a 2015 iMac with macOS Monterey 12.7.4.

It started with the mouse (a logitech MX master connected via bluetooth) lagging a bit and then becoming quickly uncontrollable. In the beginning I thought it was because of the dirty mat, but even on different surfaces, the mouse goes totally mad, being barely controllable.

Then I noticed that it wasn't only the mouse: it seems the keyboard is sending "tab" inputs on its own. I checked it by opening a text edit window and I can clearly see the cursor moving ahead on its own with the space of a "tab". Also, I have a bootcamp partition loading parallels and when in the parallels window I see appearing randomly the alt+tab feature to browse windows (like the cmd+tab on macOS), so probably the "alt" hey is involved as well.

I tried to change mouse with a cabled one and - while it is more controllable that the bluetooth one - I still have the keyboard sending tab inputs.

I also tried to initialize and re-install the os, so I'm on a fresh macOS installation, but it didn't work.

Do you have any idea how can I address this? It's impossible for me to work with such an issue.

Many thanks

iMac 27″, macOS 12.7

Posted on May 14, 2024 12:54 AM

12 replies

May 14, 2024 12:58 AM in response to HerzerSkerzer

Can you try a cheap wired USB KB?

Are you running any VPN, Anti-Virus, or Cleaning apps?

We need to see what all is running, a report from this will not display any personal info...

Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Thanks for Old Toad’s etrecheck instructions…

Slow iMac 2017 - Apple Community

Use the Note tool on the bottom of this editor's toolbar, as shown in the image, to copy and paste the output from EtreCheck. In a Reply before you click post, look for this to add longer texts...

May 14, 2024 5:08 AM in response to BDAqua

Hello BDAqua and thanks for your reply.

Actually, I'm with an Apple cable keyboard. Sadly I still didn't find another USB keyboard to try with another one, but I'm looking for it.

I don't run any VPN, Antivirus or Cleaning app and since the re-initialization of the drive I just installed:

• Adobe CC
  • Parallels and its toolbox
  • Slack
  • Google Chrome
  • Google Drive Desktop
  • Discord
  • Now EtreCheckPro

All are original and licensed.

I don't know if it can help, but I just had a session the whole morning directly on bootcamp (not with parallel) and everything seemed working fine

Attaching the EtreCheck log here.

May 16, 2024 9:23 AM in response to BDAqua

I see.

Anyway, I think in the end it was the mouse. Suddently it stopped working and since that time I'm using the cable one and it's a couple of days that everything's fine.

Still cannot explain how's possible as when I tested with the MX master disconnected I got the same issues, but that's how things are going now.

Will keep in touch if things are going to change, many thanks for the help!

May 14, 2024 7:35 AM in response to HerzerSkerzer

User wrote " It started with the mouse (a logitech MX master connected via bluetooth) lagging a bit and then becoming quickly uncontrollable. In the beginning I thought it was because of the dirty mat, but even on different surfaces, the mouse goes totally mad, being barely controllable."

Have you Updated the Third Party Software for this Third Party Mouse ?

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-ca/articles/360026563114-Download-MX-Master-2S-Wireless-Mouse

Crazy keyboard and mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.