Moving Itunes from a Windows 10 to new Windows 11 computer

I have followed the instructions to a tee.

I moved the library and the MP3 original files to the new laptop as they are currently on the old computer.

When I shift click on Itunes I select the current library.itl Itunes Opens but cannot find any of the original Itunes MP3 files.

I have done this several times with no luck.

The only thing I think could be causing any possible issues is that my username is johnr in the laptop and john in the old desktop computer. I am afraid to change the user ID in the new laptop as other situations it might mess up if I do.

What can I do before I resort to creating a new library, importing all the 45GB of MP3's again and have to setup my Iphone all over again. At my whits end.

Thank you in advance

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 14, 2024 9:41 AM

2 replies

May 14, 2024 6:29 PM in response to reberinski

Make sure the drive letter where your files were kept previously is the same drive letter you are using now, if not it will not find the files. You may also want to try one of the scripts that TurningTest2 (Thank you for all your awesome scripts, Man!) has created. He has one called find missing tracks or something like that. It should help.

Moving Itunes from a Windows 10 to new Windows 11 computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.