When I open my Airpod Pro or other earbuds, Apple Music automatically starts

I am using a MBP 13 circa 2019 with Sonoma 14.5 OS. I recently received some AirPod Pro 2nd generation (still lightning) and a generic AirPod like earbuds. They paired perfectly the 1st time and had no issue for 5 days. then each time I open the case, put in my ear, Apple Music Starts up. I could be in a meeting or be watching a video and the music starts. I have gone through every recommendation and it doesn't work. I was hoping with the update to Sonoma 14.5 would fix it but it didn't. It even happens with my Logitech Vibe 100 headphones. Also, as long as I have the headphones on, the Music App keeps opening and starting after each time I close. It is not like I can delete the Music App and restart.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.5

Posted on May 14, 2024 1:10 PM

1 reply

May 15, 2024 6:12 PM in response to MorenoLMMR

MorenoLMMR wrote:

I am using a MBP 13 circa 2019 with Sonoma 14.5 OS. I recently received some AirPod Pro 2nd generation (still lightning) and a generic AirPod like earbuds. They paired perfectly the 1st time and had no issue for 5 days. then each time I open the case, put in my ear, Apple Music Starts up. I could be in a meeting or be watching a video and the music starts. I have gone through every recommendation and it doesn't work. I was hoping with the update to Sonoma 14.5 would fix it but it didn't. It even happens with my Logitech Vibe 100 headphones. Also, as long as I have the headphones on, the Music App keeps opening and starting after each time I close. It is not like I can delete the Music App and restart.

If you tried everything then there is nothing else to try. Did you try the steps in the 'Turn off automatic ear detection' section of:

Change settings for AirPods (1st and 2nd generation) - Apple Support

When I open my Airpod Pro or other earbuds, Apple Music automatically starts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.