My iCloud states that I have not backup my phone; however, I recently did a few months ago.

I deleted TikTok by accident when I was cleaning out my phone. I don't use TikTok as much as I use my other social media apps so it took me a day or two to realize I deleted it. Although I don't use the app as much, I do still enjoy the draft concept of the app. I have drafts of family members, my dogs, and most importantly my mom. I was planning on turning all my drafts into private videos but I haven't had the chance. Anyway, my mom was near death this year, and even though I'm still in school every day counts with her. When I finally realized TikTok was deleted I downloaded it back on. I logged in to my account and behold my 918 drafts were gone. I was sad but tried to figure out what to do next. I figured that restarting the iPhone and clicking the latest backup the videos would show back up. I went to double-check if my latest backup was there but it read “never backup” or something like that. My heart sank knowing that not only my videos were gone, but my other app data. I never deleted the backup ever so I'm confused. Please help I need these videos back. They mean the world to me. Please ask if you need more insight. I need this fix asap.

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on May 14, 2024 8:53 PM

5 replies

May 16, 2024 1:40 PM in response to Lmj_

Lmj_ wrote:

My bad, but I do have it enabled. I'd there anything I could do to fix my situation? I really need those videos back.

If it is enabled it will tell you the last backup you made, if it was before you delete tik tok then restore from your backup if it was after then your data is gone, not unless Tik Tok has a way to recover it, contact them.

May 15, 2024 11:09 AM in response to Lmj_

Lmj_ wrote:

I deleted TikTok by accident when I was cleaning out my phone. I don't use TikTok as much as I use my other social media apps so it took me a day or two to realize I deleted it. Although I don't use the app as much, I do still enjoy the draft concept of the app. I have drafts of family members, my dogs, and most importantly my mom. I was planning on turning all my drafts into private videos but I haven't had the chance. Anyway, my mom was near death this year, and even though I'm still in school every day counts with her. When I finally realized TikTok was deleted I downloaded it back on. I logged in to my account and behold my 918 drafts were gone. I was sad but tried to figure out what to do next. I figured that restarting the iPhone and clicking the latest backup the videos would show back up. I went to double-check if my latest backup was there but it read “never backup” or something like that. My heart sank knowing that not only my videos were gone, but my other app data. I never deleted the backup ever so I'm confused. Please help I need these videos back. They mean the world to me. Please ask if you need more insight. I need this fix asap.

Confirm that you had this enabled How to back up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud - Apple Support

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

My iCloud states that I have not backup my phone; however, I recently did a few months ago.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.