iTunes 12.13.2.3 - does it still sync calendars and contacts with Outlook on Windows 10 AND Windows 11?

"Support for syncing contacts and calendars has been deprecated and will be removed in a future version of iTunes" was announced over two years ago.

Has Apple deprecated support for syncing contacts and calendars in version 12.13.2.3 or can we still sync calendars and contacts with Outlook (part of MS Office NOT 365) on a pc running Windows 10 AND Windows 11?

This seems like such a simple question to answer.️

iPhone and iPad both running IOS 17.5

Current Laptop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit

New Laptop running Windows 11 Home 64-bit

Would really appreciate some confirmation so that I don't screw things up. Could somebody please, please help?

NB I do not use the cloud.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on May 15, 2024 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2024 1:31 AM

Yes, iTunes 12.13.2.3 does still support connection with Outlook for contacts and calendars. I too am keeping careful eye out for when iTunes eventually does drop support, or Apple stops updating iTunes to use their new "seperate apps" (Because why use 1 program to do everything, when you can use 3 or 4!). I especially am avoiding using icloud for syncing as I just plain don't trust contacts and calendars being somewhere out of my control. I will say I download the install exe file from the apple website and not the version that comes from the Microsoft store.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2024 1:31 AM in response to Ex-fan of computers

Yes, iTunes 12.13.2.3 does still support connection with Outlook for contacts and calendars. I too am keeping careful eye out for when iTunes eventually does drop support, or Apple stops updating iTunes to use their new "seperate apps" (Because why use 1 program to do everything, when you can use 3 or 4!). I especially am avoiding using icloud for syncing as I just plain don't trust contacts and calendars being somewhere out of my control. I will say I download the install exe file from the apple website and not the version that comes from the Microsoft store.

iTunes 12.13.2.3 - does it still sync calendars and contacts with Outlook on Windows 10 AND Windows 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.