Apple Pencil Pro Squeeze not working?

Hello, just received my iPad Pro M4 today and it’s updated to the latest version. The Apple Pencil pro works and has haptic feedback when tapping to switch from pencil to eraser in procreate, but the squeeze function is not working. I’ve tried toggling it on and off in settings, restarting iPad, closing the app and reopening it again and none are working. Any tips for me that I might have missed?

Posted on May 15, 2024 7:02 PM

6 replies

May 15, 2024 7:14 PM in response to Ct8264

My Apple Pencil Pro had the squeeze function fully enabled when it came out of the box. It just worked...

I suggest restart your iPad Pro and if you still can't get it working after the restart you might have a defective Apple Pencil. Contact Apple Support to get further assistance with your new products.

Edit:I notice the release notes for Procreate say "Full support for the new Apple Pencil Pro is coming soon" so it is possible the squeeze action is not yet supported. I suggest also testing with one of the built-in iPad apps provided in the default Apple software, I found it works for me in the Freeform app and squeeze pops up a tool selector.

May 16, 2024 9:06 PM in response to Ct8264

I was having the same problem, in Apple Pencil settings the selections for squeeze and double tap were frozen in “off” even after I tried to select other actions. I spoke with a support rep and they had me go into Settings —> Accessibility —> Apple Pencil, and there was a toggle for double tap that was turned off. After I changed that, both squeeze and double tap started working.

Apple Pencil Pro Squeeze not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.