Anchor point handles no longer move the object

Hello Everyone!

Another one of my random (hopefully) quick questions. So, first let me say I do know the work around which is to use the Inspector. Which does work. BUT...

Why can I no longer move an object using its handles? It's like it just randomly decided to stop working. When I go to drag on the handles instead of moving the object it's like I am using the Pan (hand) tool instead and the whole Canvas moves - not just the object like it should and did just like two minutes before. It's the weirdest thing. I did restart Motion, but I haven't reset Preferences. Before I go through the trouble (and find out it doesn't work anyway) I was just wondering if this was common or if there was some kind of quick fix? Or even worse, that I'm just being super lame (again). I thought I'd ask in case I run into this again. Using the handles really is a lot quicker and easier.

Thanks!!! :)

Posted on May 15, 2024 8:00 PM

2 replies

May 16, 2024 1:17 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hey Luis!

I did try that - multiple times. But maybe I was using the Adjust 3D Transform next to that instead, I'm not sure now. I feel like I was using all of them at one point or another! At any rate I finally gave up and went to sleep and the next day it seemed to work again.

Sometimes I feel like Motion can be kinda "glitchy". For people who don't know the program well it's almost impossible to know that it's actually acting glitchy. (Or for others they just don't pull down the drop down menu to see what else might be there ;)

But I'm going to keep this in mind if it happens in the future. Nice to hear from you again and Thank you!!

Anchor point handles no longer move the object

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.