Calendars App wiped clean?

Calendars App Wiped Clean?

Okay - I feel like I’m going INSANE! Hoping someone has had similar issue or knows what to do. Hope I can describe what’s happening best below:

I work using my cell phone. I have two email accounts linked to my iphone 15. Both of them display calendars on my calendar app. Whenever I create an event in my calendar, it saves under “Calendar” (see image) which is somehow connected to my Yahoo email account I have linked to my iphone’s Mail app.

Today I noticed my Yahoo email had been disconnected and displayed an error message in small letters at the bottom of my Mail app. I went into settings, went into Mail, & signed back into my Yahoo account on my iphone’s Mail app. When I opened my calendar app, every single event (future & past) I had ever created on my phone has been wiped clean. I mean every event of every year ever! I’ve been using events as reminders for work, work events, deadlines, etc. for awhile. I had events scheduled on there for the next 12 months for my job!! I feel like I’m screwed so badly!

I tried signing out of the Mail app. Nothing changed. I signed back in, nothing changed. Tried using icloud.com to see if recovering data worked. Nothing. There’s no events on my Yahoo calendar even when I open on my desktop. I spoke with apple support & yahoo support and they both said that it makes no sense and that even if i re-signed into my yahoo on mail it shouldn’t have affected the calendar on my phone like this. I feel I’ve exacerbated every possible option and am left with nothing to say and no solution.

Has this ever happened to anyone before? Like I feel like someones playing a prank on me but I know I’m not insane! I’m young and have been very up to date with technology and I feel so stumped with this issue right now.

See the screenshot of the Calendar that had all my events saved in that’s now completely empty. Even events from the today and the past (and yes I had the setting to save all past events on) are gone.

Praying there’s a solution! Feeling completely lost at work right now!

Posted on May 15, 2024 8:40 PM

2 replies

Calendars App wiped clean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.