How to stop syncing iCloud photos on work phone and keep original photos on my personal iPhone

Hi all,

I matched my iCloud both with work and personal phone. Last week i decided to stop using it for photos on my work phone and stopped syncing.

Now all photos in that work phone are disappeared... and as many photos are originally taken from it, I am not sure how to handle iCloud now. I assume if I turn it back on photos may get deleted forever. Is there a way to keep all originals on my personal one?

Also is there any way to understand if i lost any photos. I feel like number of photos in my personal phone are less too.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 17

Posted on May 16, 2024 2:09 AM

1 reply

May 17, 2024 12:23 PM in response to by257

by257 wrote:

I matched my iCloud both with work and personal phone.

This was a mistake. Doing this means your employer has access to all the personal material you keep in the Apple ecosystem.

I strongly suggest you obtain a new Apple ID to use with your work iPhone and keep your current Apple ID for your personal use. Then completely wipe your work iPhone as if you were about to sell it, then “move in” using your new Apple ID.

Once this is complete, you will basically have two separate identities - a work and a personal.

How to stop syncing iCloud photos on work phone and keep original photos on my personal iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.