bad sound on M4 IPad pro 13 inch

I just replaced my old second generation IPad pro 12.9 with the new IPad Pro 13 inch M4 and the speakers sound really inferior compared to the old ones. Much thinner, and for lack of a better word "cheaper".

Anyone else with a similar problem? anything which can be done about this?

iPad Pro (M4, 2024)

Posted on May 16, 2024 7:53 AM

2 replies

May 16, 2024 8:04 AM in response to Akal1967

Consider visiting an Apple Store or Apple retailer - and compare your new iPad with demonstration devices. Making this comparison will establish whether or not your iPad's sound is characteristic of the model, or if you may have a problem that needs to be addressed.

Either way, if purchased directly from Apple, you have 14-days within which to return your new iPad for exchange or refund.

May 16, 2024 9:06 PM in response to Akal1967

I received the 13" iPad Pro M4 yesterday and spent much of the day setting it up and entering passwords in all the apps. It was only in the evening that I discovered that the speakers were much worse than my fifth generation 12.9" iPad Pro: they sounded thin/tinny, without richness.

I am a classical musician and listened to my own playing on each device, as well as switching back and forth between devices using Spotify. I discovered a thread on Reddit where other people felt the same way, so I returned the iPad to the store this evening.

bad sound on M4 IPad pro 13 inch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.