I can’t delete my photos in the photo app

Hello,

i can’t delete my photos in my Photos app, it doesn’t have the little trashbin at the bottom right and if i go on a another picture i can delete it ! And some of them had copy of them so i deleted the copys but i can’t delete the photos that i can’t delete.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 17

Posted on May 16, 2024 9:53 AM

5 replies

May 16, 2024 10:03 AM in response to xoxmel

Photos you take with your phone's camera are totally owned and controlled by Photos. But Photos also shows pictures that were transferred from other sources, maybe from web pages or from other apps or transferred from a computer using a cable, maybe with iTunes. Photos will show those pictures, but it can't delete them.

So use the same method to erase those pictures-- connect the computer, maybe with iTunes, and deselect the pictures you want to delete.

May 16, 2024 11:43 AM in response to Richard.Taylor

I figured it out myself, I am using a mac and i deactivated the "sync the photos to the device" and the photos that i couldn’t delete disappeared but so i couldn’t get back the copy of them that i deleted because i deleted them definitely in my recently deleted so i needed to get them from my mac by Airdrop and adjust the Date and Time every photos ..

I can’t delete my photos in the photo app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.