Allow App Tracking

I cannot toggle the Tracking App to "on" as everything is grayed out because of an issue with my Apple ID birthdate. My birthdate is correct and I'm in my late 50's so well past the age of 18!

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on May 16, 2024 11:00 AM

2 replies

May 16, 2024 5:14 PM in response to JEThorson85

This issue just randomly popped up for me as well despite using the same AppleID for as long as I can remember.

I verified that my DOB is set under Personal Information for my AppleID (I’m 40). My device is unmanaged.

The app I use for my gym requires tracking in order to register for classes, so in the past it was set to Allow to Track. Today, that randomly got switched off and now the option to toggle it back on is disabled.

May 17, 2024 12:06 AM in response to JEThorson85

Same thing happened to me with an app that I use daily that requires tracking. I used it earlier I’m the day and then went to use it later in the afternoon and it said I had to allow tracking to use the app and to go to settings and turn it on. I went to settings and the option to toggle it on is greyed out and it is telling me there is an issue with my birthdate. I tried signing out of my Apple ID and signing back in, did the new update that was available, and restarted my phone but it will still not allow tracking on ANYTHING even though my birthdate is correct and I have had the same Apple ID for like 10 years. APPLE PLEASE FIX THIS GLITCH!!! My husband is not having any issues with his and it seems to be hit and miss.

Allow App Tracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.