2024 Apple Pencil Pro “Find My” does not work on 2024 iPad Pro

2024 Apple Pencil Pro “Find My” does not work on 2024 iPad Pro. Apple Pencil Pro shows up in my long list of Apple devices but says “No location found”. It is paired, linked to my Apple ID. What am I doing wrong?

iPad Pro (M4, 2024)

Posted on May 16, 2024 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2024 9:03 AM

Update: I found instructions someone posted on Reddit a few hours ago, which suggested a fix. I did this, and it worked to fix the "No Location Found" problem. Here's what I did:

1. Unpair your pencil pro from Bluetooth and find my. 2. Restart your

iPad. (Wait 10 secs after turning it off) 3. Snap your iPad to the side

and let it connect. 4. Now go to find my and use the ‘+’ sign to

manually add your pencil.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2024 9:03 AM in response to trospero

Update: I found instructions someone posted on Reddit a few hours ago, which suggested a fix. I did this, and it worked to fix the "No Location Found" problem. Here's what I did:

1. Unpair your pencil pro from Bluetooth and find my. 2. Restart your

iPad. (Wait 10 secs after turning it off) 3. Snap your iPad to the side

and let it connect. 4. Now go to find my and use the ‘+’ sign to

manually add your pencil.

May 17, 2024 7:26 AM in response to Chatsphotogpilot

Same issue for me. New iPad Pro with Apple Pencil Pro - Pencil was paired with iPad on setup, and the iPad knows about the Pencil, and FindMy knows about it also. But when I click on Find Nearby, all I get is a "No Location Found" message. I've prompted iPad to Forget This Device, and re-paired it, but get the same result. All of the relevant Location Services are turned on. It seems as if everything is working EXCEPT the feature that shows me where the Pencil is!

FWIW, this iPad was set up using the transfer data method pairing it with my older (2018) iPad Pro, not setting it up as a new device. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

2024 Apple Pencil Pro “Find My” does not work on 2024 iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.