My videos on safari (YouTube and other platforms) are not working/ lagging after Monterey update 12.7.5

My videos aren't working. I saw a couple other posts about this and did the Etre check.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on May 16, 2024 11:57 AM

1 reply

May 17, 2024 5:14 AM in response to KrystalNicole2

The user is obviously aware of the Limitation that a 128 GB SSD Drive places on the computer.

Otherwise, they would not have installed and used CleanMyMac X to try and delete files from the computer

Thereby, seemingly avoided running out of Empty Disk Space

Sorry but that was not so wise

Any of the below should be removed as per Developers Instructions 

Disk Cleaner 

This will include CleanMyMac , aka “ BrickMyMac

Specific to CleanMyMac aka “ BrickMyMac “

To put the CleanMyMac in context and the damages it may have or has already done.

This application can or will Muck Up your User Account ( Home Folder ) of this machine.

It does not touch the Operating System itself unless you consider your User Account ( Home Folder ) as part of the Operating System

Then in that specific context - it has Mucked Up the Operating  System 

The steps in #1 below is predicated on the Offending  Application has been Removed as per the Developers Specific Instruction 

# 1 Some Contributors suggest restarting in Recovery Mode and choosing to Reinstall the Operating System over the existing installation. 

This may or may not replace elements of the  Home Folder ( User Account )  and replace any corrupted or removed elements and make things right.

#2 - Then there are Other Contributors ( like myself ) would suggest

For Intel computer >> Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac followed by How to reinstall macOS

Thereafter to start from scratch and install all Required Applications directly from the Apple Apps Store or Directly from the Developer.

If going this route - I suggest Not using Startup Assist to migrate things back as this will probably Re-Introduce the existing  issue at the time TM Backup was made 

My videos on safari (YouTube and other platforms) are not working/ lagging after Monterey update 12.7.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.