Pegasus Software

I recently received a disgusting email via iCloud saying I have been scammed and he had complete access to my Ipad. He wanted money paid into an account of his choosing otherwise he would send so called compromising images (which as far I am concerned do not exist) to all my contacts. I have not received any messages from my contacts concerning this subject. I subsequently deleted the email and blocked the sender. This is the first time I have ever received an email of this type and has made me feel very uncomfortable. My question is has anybody out there in the community received such an email trying blackmail, in my case I have not done anything wrong.

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 16, 2024 2:04 PM

3 replies

May 16, 2024 3:32 PM in response to Robert3561

Scams of this nature are designed to prey upon insecurity - and scare the targeted victim into giving away sensitive information or to fool you into doing something that you shouldn’t - usually to defraud you financially.

Certainly do not, under any circumstances, attempt to contact the individual attempting to coax you into responding - as this will invite further unwanted communication from the criminal(s).

Adding the sender to your block list - and deleting the email communication from your device(s) - is the correct course of action. Once out of sight, memories of the distasteful incident will quickly fade - and hopefully be forgotten in short order.

Pegasus Software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.