Seemingly unsolvable irregular latency on brand new apollo x6 in Logic Pro...

Below I have attached a video explaining the issue in real time and in more detail. Please watch this video. I also explain everything in more detail there if you'd like to skip all of the text all together.

Please read this whole thread and watch the video. I do a lot of explaining of what I have tried to do to trouble shoot this issue already. Been having latency with an apollo x6 in Logic Pro x after I had upgraded due to the same issue with my apollo solo. I started having issues about 2 months ago and have not been able to find the cause of the issue after also receiving extensive support from Sweetwater. ALL TESTS HAVE BEEN DONE IN A BLANK SESSION. I have not been able to find any solution to this problem, nor any other person who has had this issue due to the possible solution being hidden under 10000 threads about buffer size and latency inside of logic.

Timeline:

~2 months ago, start receiving ~20ms latency, not reported by logic in the buffer size menu (tried low latency, buffer size, etc etc.)

have friend and former geeksquad member look at settings and such in person to find issue. Still unresolved

contact apple support. No help found there as they could not find Logic itself having any issues as far as high stress on CPU

talk to sweetwater support who suggests it is the interface hardware causing issues, maybe a faulty thunderbolt cable. reinstall UAD software as well as clearing caches in logic and such.

buy new apollo x6, plug it in, same issue stands. talk to sweetwater support who cannot find the issue (2 times)

VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2OgJSyHEeU

Mac mini (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on May 16, 2024 4:46 PM

There are no replies.

Seemingly unsolvable irregular latency on brand new apollo x6 in Logic Pro...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.