While using Live Listen, my calls aren't announced

Heyya, my mum uses live listen as she has a hearing impairment. If she has live listen on, and she receives a call the live listen tunes off, the name of the caller appears on her phone screen but no audio follows from her pods or on her phone.

Call announcements are marked for ‘always’ and the airpod pros are only a few weeks old.

If she is just listening to music with her air pods in the call is announced, so the issue seems isolated to the live listen.

Does anyone have a work around to get the calls announced on live listen?

thanks!

iPhone 6

Posted on May 16, 2024 9:48 PM

2 replies

May 18, 2024 6:28 PM in response to gnet1a2b

Hi gnet1a2b

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

How nice of you to try helping your Mum!

Re: "If she has live listen on, and she receives a call the live listen tunes off, the name of the caller appears on her phone screen but no audio follows from her pods or on her phone. "

When she gets a call... seems your mum may need to change the source the audio comes from

(ie: from just listening, to the phone call using the microphone and speaker instead.)

Apple support's online article: While on a call on iPhone - Apple Support

says you can:

"Adjust the audio during a call

To change the volume, press the volume buttons on the side of iPhone.

Or swipe down on the call banner, then do any of the following:

• Mute: Tap the mute button.
  • Put the call on hold: Touch and hold the mute button.
  • Talk handsfree: Tap the audio button, then choose an audio destination (eg: her AirPods)."

More Apple info: Hearing accessibility features in iOS - Apple Support

All the best :-)

While using Live Listen, my calls aren't announced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.