Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So my find my phone was turned off and I turned it on. But I see several items in privacy and the mail too in iCloud storage list no responsive

How to turn on “find my phone” items in iCloud are gray and the mail in I cloud storage is unresponsive?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 8:56 PM

Hi Traviss35

Thanks for the lead. I just read the first suggestion. My page is a little different. I do not have any window that ask if I want to sign into my ID in settings. I tap my name and I can change my password in settings. I can get a verification code and I can edit my information. I check out iCloud And it rolled into storage and mail server. I got messages yesterday when I emailed myself to my iCloud account. One message said that my mail could not be sent and tonight i am having problems with another account. I have one server. Okay next can you tell me what others are seeing to Sign on! if there is a change in my private settings I get a black flash or a blue flash card do I want to continued to sign In. Black screen to enter screen like going to App Store to purchase. I’ll check back

Thanks.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2020 8:56 PM in response to traviss35

Hi Traviss35

Thanks for the lead. I just read the first suggestion. My page is a little different. I do not have any window that ask if I want to sign into my ID in settings. I tap my name and I can change my password in settings. I can get a verification code and I can edit my information. I check out iCloud And it rolled into storage and mail server. I got messages yesterday when I emailed myself to my iCloud account. One message said that my mail could not be sent and tonight i am having problems with another account. I have one server. Okay next can you tell me what others are seeing to Sign on! if there is a change in my private settings I get a black flash or a blue flash card do I want to continued to sign In. Black screen to enter screen like going to App Store to purchase. I’ll check back

Thanks.

Jun 27, 2020 2:04 PM in response to Yesicanu

Hello Yesicanu,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It appears that you have been unable to turn on "Find My" and now items are greyed out in iCloud, correct? I'm here to help you take a look in to that!

First, I'll have to check that the iCloud is currently signed into the iPhone:

Set up iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Would there be an MDM on the device by a company, school or child account? It could restrict access to any changes within iCloud and on the device:

Get started using Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager with Mobile Device Management

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child

If none of these factors are on the device and you're unable to sign into iCloud, I would encourage you to reach out to Apple Support:

Contact Apple Support

Take Care!

So my find my phone was turned off and I turned it on. But I see several items in privacy and the mail too in iCloud storage list no responsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.