Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sleep / wake up alarm only sounds/vibrates on Apple Watch when charging

Hello!

I use the new iOS 14 Sleep "Wake Up" function for my alarms in the mornings. At night, I charge both my iPhone 11 (running iOS 14.0.1) and my Apple Watch Series 4 (running watchOS 7.0.2). Unfortunately, almost every single night since installing the new OS group and using the "sleep" alarms, the alarm will ONLY go off on my watch and will NOT sound on my phone. I never wear my watch when I sleep and it is always on the charger when the alarm goes off.

I thought the alarm would never go off on the watch unless you were wearing it. How do I resolve this?

Thanks!

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 7:03 PM

Hi there rachaeltherese,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We see you're having an issue with your Apple Watch taking over your alarm in the morning.

This may be happening if you have nightstand mode turned on and have your phone set to charge on its side.

This article can show you more about nightstand mode under the section 'Set up Apple Watch as a nightstand clock with alarm':

Add an alarm on Apple Watch

Have a great rest of your day!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2020 7:03 PM in response to rachaeltherese

Hi there rachaeltherese,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We see you're having an issue with your Apple Watch taking over your alarm in the morning.

This may be happening if you have nightstand mode turned on and have your phone set to charge on its side.

This article can show you more about nightstand mode under the section 'Set up Apple Watch as a nightstand clock with alarm':

Add an alarm on Apple Watch

Have a great rest of your day!

Sleep / wake up alarm only sounds/vibrates on Apple Watch when charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.