Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery problem in ios 14.6

the battery level is getting drain very fastely after upgrading to ios 14.6

and also showing wrong information about storage

cant close some tabs

Can i downgrade ios 14.6 to 14.5 ?

If I downgrade to 14.5 the data will be lost ?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on May 27, 2021 8:42 AM

14 replies

May 28, 2021 9:41 AM in response to karthik999

Hello karthik999,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are experiencing some issues with the battery and operation of your iPhone after updating to iOS 14.6. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

To start, there is not a way to downgrade your iOS version after updating, but we would be happy to work with you on any issues you might have with your iPhone.

Regarding the battery life on your device. After updating your iPhone, it can take some time for everything to finish updating in the background, so you may notice it take a day or two before it stabilizes. You can take a look at some good steps in the following article about how to maximize the battery life on your iPhone:

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

What seems to be happening with your storage not reporting correctly? Is it not showing at all, or is something not loading properly when you check in Settings > General > iPhone Storage?

Have you tried swiping up on the multiple tabs or apps that are open to see if they go away? Have you been able to restart your iPhone to see if that issue clears up?

Keep us updated!

Best Regards.

Jun 16, 2021 12:56 PM in response to Madmurtrone

Me too. And I have an iPhone 12 Pro 6 month old.

today my battery health went from 96% to 95%

I sent it to assistance last week, but Apple tech did not found anything wrong with my battery.

before iOS 14.5 I could do 12/14 hours without charging. At 10 pm it was at 40%

now after 14.5, 14.5.1 and 14.6 at 3 pm it is at 40% and I have to charge it!!!

not happy at all with this situation and how eu Apple tech in Czech Republic treat my case.

it is not normal that a 6 month old (1000 € and plus) phone can only make 7 hours o. Battery.

I traded in my 2 years old XR and battery health was at 98% and I did almost 12 hours on battery with a more than 2 years old phone.

never been so unhappy with Apple like I am right now!!!!!!

Jun 16, 2021 1:04 PM in response to voyager-0

Try this;

Settings -> Apple ID -> Find my -> Find my iPhone -> And turn off ‘find my network’

For AirTags to work Apple devices need to constantly ping Bluetooth and U1 signals from devices which will drain a lot of battery over a day regardless of them both being low powered

You will be loosing the ability to find your iPhone or iPad if the battery is completely dead but they only just added that anyway so life will be as it was before the iOS 14.6 update

Jun 16, 2021 1:13 PM in response to Shaun.everywhere

Thank you. Will try right now.

but it is unacceptable also the fact that battery health lost 5% in 2 months.

it was 100% by the end of March, went on 99% with iOS 14.5 in April. And then went to 98% with iOS 14.5.1, then 97% with iOS 14.6. Then again 96% two weeks ago.

and half an hour ago went to 95%.

I am not happy at all!

by the way thank you for your suggestion.

hope that Apple too will give us a solution!

@brianj123

Battery problem in ios 14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.