Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay

When I try to use the transit ticket for Helsinki that is in the HSL app, Apple Wallet always opens when I put my phone near the reader to scan the HSL app.

How do I keep Apple Wallet from opening?

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 10:02 AM

It turn out this was more a cockpit error than the HSL app, per se. If your ticket is on your phone app you don’t need to scan your ticket unless they ask to see it, then the conductor presumably uses an optical scanner for the QR code.

But if you don’t know that (e.g. not a Finnish speaker), there’s a scanner on the trams that looks like where you need to get your ticket read. But it’s only for tickets you buy and carry.

However, if you try and scan from your phone it triggers the NFC reader on the iPhone which pops up Apple Wallet —covering the transit app QR. This NFC/Apple Wallet function apparently can’t be disabled.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2022 10:02 AM in response to SravanKrA

It turn out this was more a cockpit error than the HSL app, per se. If your ticket is on your phone app you don’t need to scan your ticket unless they ask to see it, then the conductor presumably uses an optical scanner for the QR code.

But if you don’t know that (e.g. not a Finnish speaker), there’s a scanner on the trams that looks like where you need to get your ticket read. But it’s only for tickets you buy and carry.

However, if you try and scan from your phone it triggers the NFC reader on the iPhone which pops up Apple Wallet —covering the transit app QR. This NFC/Apple Wallet function apparently can’t be disabled.

Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.