mail rules allow only one entry -- all others disappeared

I've had some form of this problem for about the last 6 months after years of loving apple mail rules.

I can set all the rules I want and they will work fine for one application of them and then all but the first one disappears. I've deleted all rules and re-entered the ones I wanted...same issue.

I have no idea where to go from here.

Running one Mac Studio M1 ultra and two MBP's -- one m1 16 both with Ventura 13.2 and one intel 15 with Monterey with latest updates.

thanks in advance for any ideas to try

tom

Mac Studio (2022)

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 9:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 3:32 PM

Have you installed and run any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up", anti-virus or VPN apps on your Mac?

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2023 3:32 PM in response to SausalitoDog

Have you installed and run any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up", anti-virus or VPN apps on your Mac?

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

Jun 26, 2023 3:18 PM in response to SausalitoDog

SausalitoDog wrote:

I've had some form of this problem for about the last 6 months after years of loving apple mail rules.

I can set all the rules I want and they will work fine for one application of them and then all but the first one disappears. I've deleted all rules and re-entered the ones I wanted...same issue.

I have no idea where to go from here.

Running one Mac Studio M1 ultra and two MBP's -- one m1 16 both with Ventura 13.2 and one intel 15 with Monterey with latest updates.

thanks in advance for any ideas to try

tom

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.4.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

You can try try turning off Mail in iCloud— edit /add rules and see if they saved properly; re-enable iCloud Mail and test

mail rules allow only one entry -- all others disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.