Find My app on Apple Watch not Updating Other Devices Location

Hi,

I have a bit of a problem with the find my app on apple watch series 8. At first, I could not locate any of my devices on the app. After unpairing and restoring the watch, the problem seemed to be resolved but after a few days I checked again and except the watch itself none of my devices showed up with their updated location. There seems to be no way to refresh the location manually either. All of my devices are updated to the latest version and signed into the same apple ID.

Thanks

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 9

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 12:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2023 4:48 AM

I use to be able to swipe up on my watch to click on find my iPhone but since the last update that happened to my watch it doesn’t show up anymore

40 replies

Jan 18, 2024 4:00 PM in response to hmahdavi

Hello i have had the exact same issue, i fixed it by going onto the watch app on my iphone > General > Apple ID > sign in

For some reason when my watch last updated it connected to my phone but didn’t log back in to Apple ID so my watch couldn’t locate my phone and my phone couldn’t locate my watch, after following those steps i checked both and they are working again.

Hope this helps!

Aug 3, 2023 12:23 AM in response to hmahdavi

If you're experiencing issues with the Find My app on your Apple Watch Series 8 and the location of your devices is not updating correctly, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check Device Settings:

Make sure that the Find My app and location services are enabled on all of your devices, including your iPhone and other devices you want to track. Here's how to do it:

On iPhone:

• Go to Settings > [Your Name] > Find My and ensure that both "Find My iPhone" and "Share My Location" are turned on.

On Apple Watch:

• Open the Watch app on your paired iPhone.
  • Go to My Watch > General > Find My iPhone and make sure it's turned on.

2. Refresh Location on Apple Watch:

Sometimes, the location updates might be delayed or not happen automatically. To force a location update on your Apple Watch, try the following:

• Open the Find My app on your Apple Watch.
  • Scroll down to "Refresh" and tap it. This may trigger an update of the location for your other devices.

3. Check Internet Connectivity:

Ensure that your Apple Watch has a stable internet connection. Location updates require an active internet connection to be sent and received. If your Apple Watch is not connected to Wi-Fi, make sure it's paired with your iPhone, which should provide internet access.

4. Restart Devices:

Try restarting your Apple Watch, iPhone, and other devices. This can sometimes resolve temporary glitches that could be affecting the Find My app.

5. Update Software:

Ensure that all your devices, including your Apple Watch and iPhone, are running the latest software updates. New updates can sometimes include bug fixes and improvements to location services.

6. Reset Network Settings:

If location updates are still not working correctly, you can try resetting the network settings on your iPhone. Keep in mind that this will reset all network-related settings, including Wi-Fi and cellular data, so you'll need to set them up again.

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

7. Contact Apple Support:

If the issue persists despite trying the above steps, consider contacting Apple Support for further assistance. They may have specific troubleshooting steps or suggestions tailored to your situation.

Remember that the Find My app's location updates depend on several factors, including internet connectivity and the devices' ability to receive and transmit location information. In some cases, there might be a slight delay in location updates, but if the problem persists, it's best to seek help from Apple Support to get to the root cause and find a solution.

Find My app on Apple Watch not Updating Other Devices Location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.