How to fix washed out Colors on Stinger High10 Radio's Apple CarPlay?

I recently got a Stinger High10 radio, which is supposed to be a high-end unit, and I've been experiencing some issues with Apple CarPlay. The colors seem to be washed out, and I've tried connecting my iPhone through a lightning cable, as well as testing with different cables and even different phones, but the problem persists.

Interestingly, I've used the same cable and phone on other radios, and the colors come through crystal clear. I reached out to the manufacturer, and they mentioned something about the 10-inch screen causing the issue due to stretched-out lines.

I'm really puzzled by this and was wondering if anyone else has faced a similar problem with their Stinger High10 radio or any other unit. If so, have you found any solutions to fix this color distortion issue? I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions or insights you might have to help resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance for your help!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 2:38 PM

1 reply

May 18, 2024 10:12 AM in response to iSharted

I’ve had the same issues with my high end Kenwood. This is what I’ve found. It’s not a complete fix, but a partial fix and the only one I’ve found.

Go into your radios settings and there you can fine tune the brightness and contrast. First adjust the brightness. Then increase your contrast. The contrast will dull out the mute brightness. I wish there was a better solution. I have another vehicle with CarPlay from the manufacture and this issue doesn’t exist.

The biggest gripe I have is Pandora with its faded cover background underlay.

I don’t run Apple wallpaper either. Those are my tips. Not solutions.

How to fix washed out Colors on Stinger High10 Radio's Apple CarPlay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.