Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

My Apple Pencil stopped working

my apple pencil stopped working and it's fully charged. Been using since last chritmas and had a littl trouble like this but now it won't work at all

Ive checked for lint and dust by unscrewing the tip but everyhing looks clean

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 9:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 1:43 AM

When replacing the Pencil tip, ensure that the replaceable plastic pencil tip is snugly screwed into position (i.e., finger tight) into the body of the Apple Pencil; when fitted correctly you should see a tiny gap, of about the thickness of a sheet of paper, between the tip and pencil body. If slightly loosened, or overtightened, the Pencil may not work properly, if at all.

Be aware that if dropped onto the Pencil tip, the transducer located beneath the user-replaceable tip can be damaged. The transducer is the element that interacts with the iPad. If the transducer has been damaged or broken, the Pencil will pair and charge - but will not be recognised by the iPad screen.

This support page may be helpful with pairing and use of the Pencil with your iPad:

Connect Apple Pencil with your iPad - Apple Support

If you continue to experience difficulties, here is one of the better troubleshooting guides:

https://appletoolbox.com/apple-pencil-not-working-heres-our-troubleshooting-guide/

If you need assistance, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be able to test and assess your iPad and Pencil:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2023 1:43 AM in response to earnest104

When replacing the Pencil tip, ensure that the replaceable plastic pencil tip is snugly screwed into position (i.e., finger tight) into the body of the Apple Pencil; when fitted correctly you should see a tiny gap, of about the thickness of a sheet of paper, between the tip and pencil body. If slightly loosened, or overtightened, the Pencil may not work properly, if at all.

Be aware that if dropped onto the Pencil tip, the transducer located beneath the user-replaceable tip can be damaged. The transducer is the element that interacts with the iPad. If the transducer has been damaged or broken, the Pencil will pair and charge - but will not be recognised by the iPad screen.

This support page may be helpful with pairing and use of the Pencil with your iPad:

Connect Apple Pencil with your iPad - Apple Support

If you continue to experience difficulties, here is one of the better troubleshooting guides:

https://appletoolbox.com/apple-pencil-not-working-heres-our-troubleshooting-guide/

If you need assistance, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be able to test and assess your iPad and Pencil:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apr 5, 2024 3:52 PM in response to earnest104

Hello, Recently, My Apple Pencil had been working fine. Nothings wrong with it, and it’s clean..But recently, I have been charging it into my iPad, and it asks a request for it to be connected, but when I click connect, nothing happens, and it still says it’s not connected. That was 10 minutes ago. Now, it just won’t work. I’ve tried turning my Bluetooth on and off, tried restarting the iPad, nothing. Can anybody help me with this?

My Apple Pencil stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.