Why do I get "left behind message" when I have my airpods with me??

Every day, as soon as I leave a location I keep getting "airpods left behind" message. I have tried a forget and repair. these are airpod pro 2.

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2024 7:33 PM

Jonnyboy - you missed the issue. We don't won't to turn it off. We want it to stop giving us notifications when they are still in our possession, often right next to the phone or currently in use. We want the notifications to work properly!

10 replies

Mar 2, 2024 7:56 PM in response to J_Johnnyboy

I don’t want to turn it off, it can be a useful message. However, I frequently receive the message while I AM LISTENING on my AirPods using my iPhone, which then tells me I have left them behind! AirPods Pro & iPhone 15 Pro Max using latest issue of ios. Also happened when I was using a 13 Pro Max. Any suggestions for this?

Sep 1, 2023 8:14 AM in response to stangman93

Hi stangman93,

If you would like to stop receiving the separation alerts when you leave your AirPods behind, we recommend following the steps in the link below but in reverse order.

Get separation alerts if you leave your AirPods behind - Apple Support

To perform the recommended troubleshooting steps via the link above, complete the steps in the section titled "Turn on separation alerts on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch."

1. Open the Find My app, tap Devices, then tap the name of your AirPods.
2. Below Notifications, tap Notify When Left Behind.
3. Turn on Notify When Left Behind, then follow the onscreen directions.
4. To add a trusted location, choose a suggested location, or tap New Location, select a location on the map, then tap Done.
5. Tap Done.

Important: If you want to receive separation alerts, make sure you allow notifications for the Find My app. See View and respond to notifications in the iPhone User Guide, View and respond to notifications in the iPad User Guide, or View and respond to notifications in the iPod touch User Guide.

We recommend the steps above because they will show you how to turn off separation alerts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Please let us know the outcome after giving the above steps a try.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Why do I get "left behind message" when I have my airpods with me??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.