Anniversary or OTHER dates in Contacts not showing in Calendar

I know Birthdays in Contacts appear incrementally in Calendar.

But the OTHER dates in Contacts don't appear in the calendar even though in CALENDAR Prefs Birthdays are switched but there is no option to display the OTHER dates from Contacts.

Looks like OTHER dates was an after thought which never got worked into the Calendar.

I can see people have asked this question for many years now without any action from Apple.

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 4:58 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Sep 20, 2023 7:46 AM in response to rmm1

rmm1 wrote:

I know Birthdays in Contacts appear incrementally in Calendar.
But the OTHER dates in Contacts don't appear in the calendar even though in CALENDAR Prefs Birthdays are switched but there is no option to display the OTHER dates from Contacts.

That is correct. Only birthdays are displayed automatically from contacts. You will need to enter other dates manually as an annually recurring event.

I can see people have asked this question for many years now without any action from Apple.

No one here in this user-to-user forum would know why Apple has chosen not to include this feature. I suggest you submit feedback to them here:

Product Feedback - Apple

If enough people do, it's possible that Apple will add the feature.

May 18, 2024 11:56 AM in response to rmm1

It's there, just hard to find. In your Contacts open up Settings > Template> Add Field. In the pull-down menu, click Dates. Then it will appear in your Contacts just below Birthday. You can set it up as 'anniversary', 'other', or 'custom'. And if you enter the date it will then tell you on your calendar what anniversary it is and will repeat every year.

May 23, 2024 12:28 PM in response to starkeef

starkeef wrote:

I checked and you're right, it won't show up on Apple's calendar. However, I use BusyCal and it shows up there and will change how many years the anniversary is, with every passing year. The Apple calendar is very basic. I've used BusyCal for years and it's one of the best apps I have

You are absolutely correct. The Apple calendar, like many of the Apple apps is basic. I've heard good things about BusyCal. It has been recommended in threads about other features Calendar doesn't have. I like Fantastical but I haven't tested if it handles anniversary's.

Anniversary or OTHER dates in Contacts not showing in Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.