How to watch movies on Vision Pro?

I have a number of videos stored in the “Apple TV” app on my Mac that are from other sources than iTunes Store purchases (e.g. videos purchased from other services or home videos). How can I watch these on my Vision Pro? On my iPad I can sync with my Mac, but the Vision Pro doesn’t seem to have a way to do that…Or does Vision Pro only allow you to watch movies purchased from Apple?

thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Vision Pro

Posted on Feb 4, 2024 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2024 10:21 AM

Thanks, but I'm not really looking to find a new 3P streaming service that happens to have built a Vision Pro app. I'm not looking to mirror my computer's screen. I'm really just trying to figure out how to take a movie file that's currently stored in the iTunes/AppleTV app in my Mac and put it on the Vision Pro so that I can watch it there. Given that it's an expensive device whose flagship feature is watching movies, I'm really hoping there's a way to do this...

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2024 10:21 AM in response to Alrescha

Thanks, but I'm not really looking to find a new 3P streaming service that happens to have built a Vision Pro app. I'm not looking to mirror my computer's screen. I'm really just trying to figure out how to take a movie file that's currently stored in the iTunes/AppleTV app in my Mac and put it on the Vision Pro so that I can watch it there. Given that it's an expensive device whose flagship feature is watching movies, I'm really hoping there's a way to do this...

Feb 7, 2024 8:06 PM in response to EDL7579_

Thanks but my whole question is how to watch movies purchased from sources other than the Apple Store…. Like from 3p services or home videos.

this is easy to do on an iPad or iPhone — you just sync those from your computer’s iTunes library. But it seems that the Vision Pro doesn’t let you watch videos from competitors to the iTunes/ Apple TV store.

Feb 20, 2024 6:15 AM in response to Mike G.

I have submitted this as a request at apple.com/feedback with the exact same question.

That being said, I was able to get files into the AVP:

created a folder in my iCloud and copied the files into there

on the AVP, let the iCloud folder sync up and then on each file, tap and HOLD and choose copy. There is a native folder in Files on the AVP called Files on my Apple Vision Pro (or something like that).

Once the files copied over, I deleted them from the iCloud folder.

Problem is that viewing the files in this way does not function like in the TV app (immersive and also does not remember where you left off).

How to watch movies on Vision Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.