Is Netflix no longer accepting subscription through Apple?

I have been advised by Netflix that they are no longer accepting sudscriptions through Apple. They have advised me to change my payment method by 24th February. Is this right? I would rather retain my existing arrangements

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 17, 2024 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2024 11:47 AM

Happened to me in Canada. Apple charged me for the subscription and Netflix won’t work. Net flux support told me that they don’t accept payments thru apple anymore. I had to add payment method directly on Netflix. And ask for a refund from apple for wrongful charge. Still waiting for the refund.

10 replies

Feb 29, 2024 8:56 PM in response to Ekcalp

Netflix made the decision. And I feel the same way because Apple make it simple to keep a positive balance in that account and pay with money you do have rather than money you don't. So I cancelled Netflix.

Credit card parasites are nasty. But if most people choose to change their payment method, Netflix ultimately won't care if a few people like me think it's a di... dumb move. And other services are still available through Apple. Time for a change?

May 19, 2024 3:54 AM in response to Ekcalp

This has just happened to me in May. I renewed my subscription via Apple five days ago. Apple deducted the money. Netflix doesn't accept payment from Apple anymore and therefore would not allow access to my account. I was instructed to log in to the Netflix website and pay them directly. So I did - three days ago (after two days of trying to access my account via Apple).

Apple says it won't refund my money and that I should go back and speak to Netflix. If payment is no longer accepted by Netflix from Apple, why are they allowing the deduction to be an option? If Netflix is not accepting money from Apple then why would Netflix be the party I would go to for a refund? This is extremely disappointing behaviour from Apple. Apple has refused a refund on this issue.

May 19, 2024 4:03 AM in response to kayoh28

You may need to escalate your case with Netflix. The support person at Netflix may have misinformed you. Netflix is indeed accepting payment from Apple on existing accounts. If you’re a new subscriber or returning subscriber you are not given the option to start or restart a subscription through Apple.

>>Pay for Netflix through Apple

Apple billing for Netflix is not available to new or rejoining Netflix customers. 

If you are trying to sign up on your Apple mobile device, you can go to Netflix.com on a mobile browser and use a different payment method.<<

>>Check if Netflix is billed through Apple

Check the Membership and Billing section of your Netflix Account to see if you are billed through Apple.

If you have any Apple billing questions, visit Apple support.<<

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/25097

May 20, 2024 1:15 AM in response to kayoh28

That sounds like a rejoining customer, but Netflix doesn’t provide definitions of terms at the links I provided. Your best resource would be to reach out to the Netflix support team.

Apple can’t dictate the terms here. Netflix is in the process of terminating their subscription business with Apple as is fairly obvious by their business practices.

I think your best recourse here is to request a refund and provide a more complete explanation of the subscription restrictions Netflix is enforcing.

Is Netflix no longer accepting subscription through Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.