Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

After iOS 17.4 update Wi-Fi doesn't work on iPhone 14 Pro Max

After upgrading to 17.4 on my IPhone 14 Pro Max, the Wifi on the phone will not work any more. I tried all the possible suggestions but to no avail. Resetting the phone, resetting network settings, turning wifi off and on, forgetting the network and reconnecting. Nothing seems to bring Wifi back. Any suggestions? Thanks beforehand for any help you might provide.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 6, 2024 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2024 11:18 PM

I would really like to know what else people have tried, I don’t have a VPN, I have factory reset everything, twice. I have done the forget and reset network settings nothing is working for me. I have a IPhone 12 so I don’t understand what’s going on.

30 replies

Mar 7, 2024 7:41 PM in response to ecpeterrb

This worked for me!! To remove VPN settings installed by a configuration profile, go to Settings > General > VPN & Device Management, select the configuration profile, then tap Remove Profile. This also removes other settings and accounts provided by the profile. There was a VPN for McAfee and once I deleted it, my phone instantly connected to Wifi.

Mar 8, 2024 6:06 PM in response to ecpeterrb

I lost WiFi after 17.3 I’m personally hoping 17.4 update resolves whatever apple messed up. I even had my phone checked out to make sure hardware wasn’t broken.

WiFi greyed out and I lost Bluetooth. All support could recommend was buying a new phone. I deleted vpn, reset network settings, and tried a backup from a year prior. Whatever apple did seriously messed up a lot of phones. The fact that they can’t put a patch out when so many customers are having issues is pretty sad.

Mar 15, 2024 7:58 AM in response to Vanilla_Gorilla

Hi Vanilla_Gorilla

My problem was apparently caused because I was using 1.1.1.1 from Cloudflare. I deleted the VPN profile and that solved the problem. After your question, I have done some testing by reinstalling 1.1.1.1 and WiFi is still working, so I have to assume that the problem is caused by the upgrade changing something, that you can correct by deleting the profile and reinstalling it later. I cannot say that this will work for everybody, but it is a good starting point. I hope this helped. Try reinstalling your VPN and if WiFi still works, bingo, but if not you can again delete the VPN profile to get WiFi back.

After iOS 17.4 update Wi-Fi doesn't work on iPhone 14 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.