Logic Pro crashes and I get this dialog: An Audio Unit plug-in reported a problem which might cause the system to become unstable. Please quit and restart Logic Pro.

Logic Pro crashes and I get this dialog: "An Audio Unit plug-in reported a problem which might cause the system to become unstable. Please quit and restart Logic Pro."

This happens even when a project is not open, just Logic itself, and, of course, in the middle of a work in progress. There is no clue as to what the offending plugin is. I have even disabled all third party AU's but the problem persists.

Apple M1 16 GB Sonoma 14.1.2

Mac mini (M1, 2020)

Posted on Mar 10, 2024 7:00 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 12, 2024 9:51 AM in response to LeoD721

Well, having the latest OS is in general not the good thing, if you want to be safe. Even UAD just come to update the plug-ins to be used with Sonoma.

One thing you could do in order to stabilize your mac is to rebuild the system from scratch and only download the plugins you need (if it happens you’ve tried several other plug-ins it may jeopardize the stability of your OS). I’ve just changed my sound card and it happens that my Apollo Twin UAD was adding to the general mess. I don’t have any messages of that kind since switching to Metric Halo.

i hope one of the things here will help you get out of the mud !

May 18, 2024 12:08 PM in response to LeoD721

Old post, but it's an old problem and still ongoing and why bother with new posts on the same problem. This is still going on for me. I thought maybe it had been resolved with Logic 11 and OS 14.5, but nope. It just popped up again. I picked up Digital Performer 11 on a deal a year or more ago. I keep going back to Logic, but this makes it unusable. This was not an issue until Sonoma came out. I use very few 3rd party plugins and they are all successfully validated. I'll keep checking back to see if it works every couple months, but I'm past the point of putting any more effort into fixing it.

Logic Pro crashes and I get this dialog: An Audio Unit plug-in reported a problem which might cause the system to become unstable. Please quit and restart Logic Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.