download transactions into QuickBooks acounting software

Downloading Apple credit card receipts into QuickBooks

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 26, 2024 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2024 11:12 AM

This is TRULY TRULY unacceptable, for *any* credit card in the year 2024!!!! It is *THE REASON* I do not use this card, ever. What a NIGHTMARE for trying to keep track of any transaction. Even if you take all the time/energy to download the Quicken transaction file (QFX) for Quicken or Quickbooks... you better have an iPhone! Because you CANNOT download it from the apple card website, even if you have a MACBOOK!! So what already is archaic, to have to download a QFX file every month - it takes even MORE time, because you can only do that from your iPhone, then import it to your Mac (where Quicken/Quickbooks is installed, of course).

And Apple Credit Card billing statement pdfs! Another absolute JOKE. 1) they download as "Apple Card Statement - February 2024.pdf" for a name. Seriously!?!?! Even lame local banks know how to name statement files that makes accounting sense - i.e., "2024 02 28 apple statement.pdf" etc... where the year/month/day are FIRST in the filename. And if you'd just like to know your CREDIT LIMIT on the card, don't assume it's on the statement because IT IS NOT.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2024 11:12 AM in response to lkrupp

This is TRULY TRULY unacceptable, for *any* credit card in the year 2024!!!! It is *THE REASON* I do not use this card, ever. What a NIGHTMARE for trying to keep track of any transaction. Even if you take all the time/energy to download the Quicken transaction file (QFX) for Quicken or Quickbooks... you better have an iPhone! Because you CANNOT download it from the apple card website, even if you have a MACBOOK!! So what already is archaic, to have to download a QFX file every month - it takes even MORE time, because you can only do that from your iPhone, then import it to your Mac (where Quicken/Quickbooks is installed, of course).

And Apple Credit Card billing statement pdfs! Another absolute JOKE. 1) they download as "Apple Card Statement - February 2024.pdf" for a name. Seriously!?!?! Even lame local banks know how to name statement files that makes accounting sense - i.e., "2024 02 28 apple statement.pdf" etc... where the year/month/day are FIRST in the filename. And if you'd just like to know your CREDIT LIMIT on the card, don't assume it's on the statement because IT IS NOT.

Apr 10, 2024 12:11 PM in response to tntgalios

Let’s go slow, no need screaming (using all capital letters). This is a public discussion forum for fellow Apple users to connect and assist each other. Apple is not here and will never read your post or this thread. Yelling at ikrupp serves no purpose other than alienating a fellow Apple user just trying to explain what is currently available.

Apple devices are inherently more secure than your personal computer in almost all cases. The use of an iPhone is a requirement for having an Apple Card Mastercard per the terms and conditions. The website is provided only to provide bare basics such as access to statement and ability to make a payment. This satisfies the need to pay via an alternate method than the iPhone, in case the iPhone is lost, stolen or broken. It’s not meant to be a substitute for your iPhone.

You have different expectations from what the Apple Card was meant to be or has delivered over the last 5 years (almost). If it’s as much of an issue as you state above, weigh you options and cancel your account and move on.

Apr 10, 2024 12:13 PM in response to tntgalios

You don’t really say if you have an Apple Card or not? Do you? Why? Then cancel it and go about your business. No one is twitting your arm to have/use it.

Unacceptable? To whom? You? Irrelevant. The Apple Card has been extremely successful since its release, your opinion not withstanding. Why bellyache about something you do not use?

May 7, 2024 8:29 AM in response to wpwpdf

Thats okay, there are millions of users, myself included, that consider the Apple Card very useful, extremely secure, and perfectly usable for everyday purchases. My transactions and statements are always available in my Wallet app. If i wish I can export statements into a format that can be imported into Quicken or Quickbooks.

Hopefully now you will be satisfied without the Apple Card.

May 7, 2024 8:52 AM in response to tntgalios

You may not be aware that 3 budgeting apps that are available in the Apple Store today fully support Apple Card. YNAB, Monarch, and Copilot are first to support imports via the FinanceKit API in iOS 17.4, which also covers Apple's Savings account.

My understanding is Quicken only uses their own <pipeline> for acquiring data. The banks that support Quicken pay a fee to use the Quicken’s pipeline. >>Banks pay Quicken a fee to support the services that Web Connect provides.<<

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

Again, my understanding is that neither Apple nor Goldman Sachs have any interest in supporting quicken and paying a fee.

May 7, 2024 1:47 PM in response to Jfdoylejr

Jfdoylejr wrote:

You don't get to choose a date range of transactions. It's the whole statement or nothing. I also think clicking through Card Balance and Statements is a bit convoluted when a simple Export icon at the highest screen level would be better.

You can certainly let Apple know what you'd like to see here:

Product Feedback - Apple

May 6, 2024 2:19 PM in response to tntgalios

I agree with the critical comments of tntgalios. I did not get the sense he was "yelling" at lkrupp.

I've practiced online banking on a Macintosh for 26 years, and the Goldman Sachs Apple card has the WORST user interface for exporting to Banktivity or other Quicken data format. This card seems to do everything lefthanded in a righthanded world. Or maybe it's just this card thinks that Apple users believe the sun rises and sets in their iPhone, and who in their 21st century mind would ever think of tracking their finances on a computer. It's easier to manually enter my Apple Card transactions, then scratch my head every month trying to remember the exact sequence of steps / hoops to jump through to move these transactions into a financial program.

May 7, 2024 8:27 AM in response to muguy

Ok. I think you’re correct!

I just cannot reconcile how “iPhone centric” automatically translates to “mystery money, mystery spending” as far as how every other credit card financial institution handles transactions, vs Apple. Even a regular un-Apple branded credit card *by the same bank* (Goldman Sachs) allows for accounting software like Quicken/Quickbooks automatic transaction download.

May 7, 2024 1:28 PM in response to wpwpdf

You actually can export AppleCard data in .QFX format, but it is a bit convoluted. On the iPhone, go to the Wallet and open the Apple Credit Card. Then click on Card Balance, and scroll down to the Statements section. Select the monthly statement you want, and look for the hyperlink titled Export Transactions at the bottom of the page.

You have a choice of .QBO, .QFX, .OFX and .CSV formats. When you select one, the page will pause and then offer you a variety of options. For me, selecting AirDrop to my laptop (assuming you have the sharing access open) puts the .QFX file into the Downloads folder of my AirBook.

You don't get to choose a date range of transactions. It's the whole statement or nothing. I also think clicking through Card Balance and Statements is a bit convoluted when a simple Export icon at the highest screen level would be better.

May 7, 2024 2:28 PM in response to Jeff Donald

Your info above is exactly what I’d concluded - Apple has no interest in it, because… $.

I don’t know how to describe to you how there is no budgeting “app” etc compares to legit financial software that is Quicken and/or Quickbooks. If you’ve never used either one, you couldn’t know how crazy it is that Apple doesn’t support it in the traditional way all other banks do. It’s truly nuts… even not for profit, small town credit unions integrate with both Quicken/Quickbooks, automatically not manually)

May 8, 2024 6:57 AM in response to tntgalios

tntgalios wrote:

I don’t know how to describe to you how there is no budgeting “app” etc compares to legit financial software that is Quicken and/or Quickbooks.

In your opinion.

If you’ve never used either one, you couldn’t know how crazy it is that Apple doesn’t support it in the traditional way all other banks do. It’s truly nuts… even not for profit, small town credit unions integrate with both Quicken/Quickbooks, automatically not manually)

Yes, I've used Quicken. I prefer Monarch, which I had started using before it supported automatic downloads for the Apple Card and Apple Savings.

If the Apple Card doesn't meet your needs, there are lots of other cards out there. Perhaps one of them would be a better fit for you.

download transactions into QuickBooks acounting software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.