Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

I'm trying to add a Google account to my iPhone. I went to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add account. However, when I click on Google, nothing happens. Same goes for Yahoo and Aol. Other seems to be possible.

Note that I just restored my iPhone from an iCloud backup and it asked me to re-enter my password. However, pressing the reenter button did not do anything so I just removed the account and I can't add it anymore.

I tried:

• Reseting network settings
  • Use WiFi and cellular data
  • Deleting the iCloud backup, creating a new backup, reset the iPhone and restore it from the new backup
  • Add the account via "Other", in the end it says "Gmail account is currently unaivailable"
  • Removing the mail app

Thanks

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 9:16 AM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2024 10:25 PM in response to Aliyaimtiyaz

I am also having same issue. After resetting my iPhone 13 pro max and iPhone 12 pro max running on iOS 17.5, I cannot add google, yahoo, aol accounts to mail app, calendar app or contact app. Apple use this same browser window to authenticate google and nothing happens after tapping google. I tried to reset my phone and do all the things. It will just not open the popup window to sign in. Shame on Apple. This is a big bug in ions 17.5.

It briefly opens the AOL and Yahoo login window and crashes. But for google, I just keep tapping the link and nothing happens.

I'm trying to add a Google account to my iPhone. I went to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add account. However, when I click on Google, nothing happens. Same goes for Yahoo and Aol. Other seems to be possible.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.