Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

iOS 7.5 has broken google, aol, yahoo sign-in for mail, contact and calendar app.

I have noticed this strange behaviour in mail, contact, and calendar app. If you go to add an account, and either select Google, aol or Yahoo, the account sign-in browser window does not open. It opens for Outlook and allows to signing. It allows the popup briefly for AOL and Yahoo. But it just closes.

Then for Google, I keep tapping it and nothing happens. I checked on my iPhone 12 Pro Max and also 13 pro max. Both are running iOS 17.5

I searched internet and people asked to setup chrome browser as default as these sign in happens in a browser window. And this window is not opening. But nothing works.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 9:54 PM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2024 10:17 PM in response to sameerhere

sameerhere Said:

"iOS 7.5 has broken google, aol, yahoo sign-in for mail, contact and calendar app."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot

Troubleshooting iPhone eMail Logins:

Use a New App Password:

You may need to use a new app password. If you are using different devices, then you need one for each device. So, contact your eMail provider to find out how to get an App Password. As an example, for AOL Mail, Go Here: Create and Manage Third-Party App Passwords - AOL He

iOS 7.5 has broken google, aol, yahoo sign-in for mail, contact and calendar app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.