Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Battery

I got my iphone 15 a month before and I had 47 battery cycles count but the battery health is decreased by 3% and it is 97% now what could be the reason for this

iPhone 15, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 10:24 PM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2024 10:43 PM in response to lakshan05

lakshan05 Said:

"Battery: I got my iphone 15 a month before and I had 47 battery cycles count but the battery health is decreased by 3% and it is 97% now what could be the reason for this"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Battery Health Percentage Decrease:

There is nothing of concern. The Battery Health is expected to decline 1-3% right out-of-the-box. Unfortunately, there is no known way to determine why, nor what this percentage decreased occurred. So, all is fine. When it reaches below 80%, that is when Apple recommends it is time for a new battery.

Apr 27, 2024 10:50 PM in response to lakshan05

The Battery Health begins to deteriorate the time that it is installed on not when you bought the iPhone. Your iPhone 15 was manufactured in October 2023 and that is the starting point for the battery to begin its life cycle. The battery on your iPhone is performing normally. The battery health will decrease about 1% per month on average. When it reaches 80% then you should replace the battery. It should take about 2 years before your battery reaches that point. There is nothing that you can do that will significantly and noticeably increase the lifespan of your iPhone’s battery.

Axel F.

Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.