Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

No bookmarks menu available in News iOS17 on iPad

I have searched the forums on why there is no side bar menu item to view the stories I have bookmarked in the News app. And so far I have not found the answer…. So why can I not see the articles I have bookmarked? I’m paying a subscription fee and no apple person can seem to tell other users with the same problem why we can’t see our saved stories. I’ve seen posts from 2022 using iOS 16 with the same issue. Has this not been addresses? I have shut the app. I have restarted my iPad Pro. I have checked in Settings for anything that might address this. All to no avail. Can someone at Apple please help?

iPad Pro

Posted on May 5, 2024 10:21 PM

4 replies

May 7, 2024 4:54 PM in response to brassandzin

Thank you all. Yes, I know where the sidebar is. What I'm reporting is that there is, in fact, NO Bookmarks in the sidebar on my iPad. On my iPhone it's under "Following" and they are called "Saved Stories." On my laptop I also have no trouble finding the 'saved stories' or bookmarks.

Only on my iPad Pro (12.9 inch 3rd Generation) running iOS 17.4.1 are they not available.

any ideas?

No bookmarks menu available in News iOS17 on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.