Problems after wakeup: monitor not activated, login requested

I installed recently Mojave (OS 10.14) on a Mac mini (2018, which initially was delivered with Ventura, OS 13), in order to be able to run old programs. All programs/data were migrated from a Time Machine backup.

All was working fine, except two annoying bugs:

1. The monitor (which for years worked fine) did not start after wakeup (but after booting), unless one used the power button of the display. I exchanged the cable from dvi to display port connection to usb-C, without effect.
  2. After wakeup, the Mac did not resume, but asked for login. In system settings, this was not set, and asking for login after sleep was set to never (lock screen off) or 8h after sleep, without effect. Even ticking the option "automatic login" was not working.

Is it possible, that some system files from the initial installation survived erasing and installing the new system? where do I have to search?

I would be happy if somebody could help.

alfric

Mac mini (2018)

Posted on May 6, 2024 9:24 AM

2 replies

May 18, 2024 8:08 AM in response to alfrichard

No idea how this was missed‽

Are you running any VPN, Anti-Virus, or Cleaning apps?

We need to see what all is running, a report from this will not display any personal info...

Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Thanks for Old Toad’s etrecheck instructions…

Slow iMac 2017 - Apple Community

Use the Note tool on the bottom of this editor's toolbar, as shown in the image, to copy and paste the output from EtreCheck. In a Reply before you click post, look for this to add longer texts...

Problems after wakeup: monitor not activated, login requested

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.