Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

gift card code activation

When I tried to open my gift card, the code was damaged ,and after talking with support they told me that they would send me a mail with the code. After a day I got the mail with the code and it said that I just needed to send it to support for them to activate the code, after doing that they told me that the code was already used. How could that have happened? And they told me that they could not do anything about it.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on May 6, 2024 3:07 PM

5 replies

May 6, 2024 3:53 PM in response to Anm23

OK, that’s safe. It sounds like you fell victim to a gift card scam. Watch the YouTube video I linked below. The video is just 3 minutes and explains how the scammers tamper with the cards. Your best defense is to buy gift cards directly from Apple. If you must buy from retailers, make sure they are always locked up and ideally behind glass in the customer service area.

Apple Gift Card - Apple

https://youtu.be/qRmTHPCBwbM?si=JRztfwUZHcAA6M0M

About Gift Card Scams - Official Apple Support

gift card code activation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.