Can’t get my Crunchyroll premium to work

I used iTunes to purchase the mega fan premium subscription with Crunchyroll and it says I have it but I cannot access it in the app. I reached out to Crunchyroll they gave me two weeks free use and now those two weeks are up and I tried to purchase the subscription again, but it says I already have it and I can’t access the premium membership perks inside of Crunchyroll.

Posted on May 7, 2024 8:32 AM

3 replies

May 7, 2024 9:19 AM in response to jacolby224

On what device are you trying to use this?

• Subscriptions through Apple are valid for their app on Apple devices, not third party devices, not on the web.
  • If subscribed on a different Apple device than you are currently trying to watch it on, then you may need to use the Restore Purchases option, instead of signing in with account credentials.
  • Subscriptions through the content provider directly, with an account specifically for them, are valid for their app (on any platform).

The Mega Fan tier is supposed to bring ad-free steaming, offline viewing (on mobile I suppose, as the Apple TV box doesn’t do content downloads), and up to four simultaneous streams on that account.

May 7, 2024 10:51 PM in response to jacolby224

If it shows as an active subscription in your Apple subscriptions overview,

then you should be able to watch it ad-free on the Apple TV box as well (tvOS 16.4 or later).

Subscriptions through Apple are on your Apple ID account, but you wouldn’t use that to sign in to the app. Instead use: Skip and Explore﹥Settings﹥Restore Purchases.

Can’t get my Crunchyroll premium to work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.