Connect iPhone to PC and AirPods to iPhone for PC Notifications?

I work in a noisy environment and therefore listen to music on my iPhone via my Gen2 AirPod Pros with noise cancellation on all day. As a result, sometimes I will miss one of the various chimes or chirps that my work PC makes when emails come in or a chat from teams etc. While I know sound cannot be split between AirPods, and I know that AirPods cannot be connected to more than one device, I’m wondering if it’s possible to connect your iPhone to your pc, and then your AirPods to your iPhone to solve this problem. In other words, if you connect you iPhone to your PC with either a cable or Bluetooth, and than connected your AirPods to your iPhone is there a way to hear the various notifications from my work computer, through my AirPods, while listening to music from my iPhone? The logic being that it’s not “splitting” the AirPod’s connection, or connecting two devices to one set of AirPods simultaneously, bc the AirPods are only connected to the iPhone and the iPhone is connected to the PC. Or does anyone know of another workaround that may work if this isn’t possible?

Posted on May 7, 2024 11:24 AM

1 reply

Connect iPhone to PC and AirPods to iPhone for PC Notifications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.