Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

is it bad to have air bubbles under screen protector?

Will the air bubbles damage my iPad glass screen/screen protector? I also use an Apple Pencil to draw on the iPad so I was wondering if the air bubbles DO damage the screen, would the Apple Pencil make it worse. Thanks!

Posted on May 7, 2024 1:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2024 3:58 PM

Trapped air between the screen and installed Screen Protector will not damage the iPad - but may interfere with touch sensitivity and/or consistent drawing with an Apple Pencil.

Air bubbles are often an indication of an incorrectly fitted screen protector - and are common with film-type screen protectors. Glass Screen Protectors are usually easier to fit without introducing air bubbles; if air is trapped when fitting, its is generally much easier to smooth any bubbles towards the nearest edge of the screen.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2024 3:58 PM in response to artsyfartsy123

Trapped air between the screen and installed Screen Protector will not damage the iPad - but may interfere with touch sensitivity and/or consistent drawing with an Apple Pencil.

Air bubbles are often an indication of an incorrectly fitted screen protector - and are common with film-type screen protectors. Glass Screen Protectors are usually easier to fit without introducing air bubbles; if air is trapped when fitting, its is generally much easier to smooth any bubbles towards the nearest edge of the screen.

is it bad to have air bubbles under screen protector?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.