My left side AirPod is not working

my left airpod doesn't work at all, the green light doesn't flash when I put it in the case and it doesn't play any audio. during the left/right headphones test on YouTube the right plays both of the sounds and my left doesn't play anything. it's like my left one is completely dead and deceased to be honest.

I've tried everything, restarting doesn't work (it won't even flash amber and white because my airpod isn't being detected). charging either. the most interesting thing is that I had the same exact problem 7 months ago and when I checked on them randomly (probably 5 or 4 months ago) the left one was completely fine and working. I don't know what to do with it and how to fix it, any ideas?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

AirPods (3rd generation)

Posted on May 10, 2024 9:48 AM

2 replies

May 10, 2024 11:08 AM in response to kamoomoo

If you can, I would see if you could go to an Apple Store or somewhere to see if they can at least figure out the problem. I would say your best bet though is to get an AirPod replacement. I believe Apple allows you to buy replacements for left or right AirPods. It also just depends on the age of the AirPods. Mine are 5 years old, first generation and just started slowing down

My left side AirPod is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.