Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

"MacOS Virus detected! Take Action Now" notification appears on the screen

I keep getting this notification in the upper right hand screen. It takes me to a screen to run a scan. Is it legit or how do I get rid of it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 10, 2024 11:40 AM

4 replies

May 10, 2024 9:05 PM in response to JFriedley444

Definitely a scam.

Don't run the "scan" or do anything the screen tells you to do – such as purchasing an application, or calling a "tech support" number. Such a number will connect you to criminals who are just waiting for the chance to rip you off.

The User Tip to which stedman1 posted a link will show you how to block these particular messages – but be aware that scammers may also try the same stunt with e-mail, or with messages that take over your screen when you visit a Web site.

"MacOS Virus detected! Take Action Now" notification appears on the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.