I am unable to remove Cache files from Trash

I have tried everything from the community pages and then some but no luck. help if you can but try not to repete the same ideas listed in these community pages because I have already tried them all a few times. Thankyou much

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iMac 24″

Posted on May 10, 2024 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2024 1:55 AM

-DevilDog- wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/9cbef179-251e-47d6-9491-2b96911b329e
I have tried everything from the community pages and then some but no luck. help if you can but try not to repete the same ideas listed in these community pages because I have already tried them all a few times. Thankyou much

Clearing Apple Caches files - easy to do

Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts.

Be aware - Apple Cache files will be recreated when the Operating System needs to create them

The operative word and implies - it is the Operating System that controls Apple Caches files and not us the users

Aside and from your image above.

The second and third items listed , has the Folder image and a small Red Circle with White Bar

That means, you do not have permission to Touch let alone Delete the folder or the contents in the folder

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2024 1:55 AM in response to -DevilDog-

-DevilDog- wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/9cbef179-251e-47d6-9491-2b96911b329e

Clearing Apple Caches files - easy to do

Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts.

Be aware - Apple Cache files will be recreated when the Operating System needs to create them

The operative word and implies - it is the Operating System that controls Apple Caches files and not us the users

Aside and from your image above.

The second and third items listed , has the Folder image and a small Red Circle with White Bar

That means, you do not have permission to Touch let alone Delete the folder or the contents in the folder

May 11, 2024 12:43 AM in response to -DevilDog-

Trashing cache files is the voodoo of the day. Apparently it cures all sorts of things. It used to be repairing permissions was the great fix for what ever ails your Mac. There is exactly one scenario when it make sense to trash cache files and that's if you have a corrupted cache. Trashing cache files slows your Mac down because they all get rebuilt again, and that takes time.

As for the obstinate files in your trash, restart your Mac and try again. If that doesn't help, restart your Mac in Safe Mode and try again.

I am unable to remove Cache files from Trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.